If you spend long hours on your laptop and mobile phone every day, you are likely to be no stranger to eye strains, headaches, stiff shoulders and back tensions.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) principles, the human body has many important meridian points that regulate one’s overall function and performance, and most meridians pass through the head.
In our modern digital-driven work environment, extended hours spent squinting on devices can lead to meridian points on the neck and head becoming congested, which can manifest as various body aches and discomforts.
Registered Physician of Sin Kang TCM Clinic, Ms Peh Tian Ci, says: “Physicians and therapists often include head meridian acupoint massage during treatment to regulate and enhance the functioning of internal organs, thereby preventing illnesses and diseases.”
Meridian is a channel through which one’s energy vessels flow, and this network is mapped out throughout the entire body.
To help busy digital natives clear congested meridian points and improve circulatory system from the comfort of home, Yuan Skincare will be giving away limited pieces of Invigorating Scalp Massage Brushes this August.
How to use the Invigorating Scalp Massage Brush
Apply 1 cap of Yuan Shampoo on the scalp first, then use the Invigorating Scalp Massage Brush to perform a 5-step scalp massage.
- Step 1: Massage the ShenTing (神庭) acupoint – located about 0.5 inch above the midline, at the junction of your forehead and hairline.
- Step 2: Massage the BaiHui (百会) acupoint – located at the top of the head, in line with the tip of the ears.
- Step 3: Massage the Tongtian (通天) acupoints – located 4 inches towards the back of the head from the front hairline, then 1.5 inches to both sides from the middle of the scalp.
- Step 4: Massage the Lvgu (率谷) acupoints – located 1.5 inch directly above the tip of both ears.
- Step 5: Massage the Tianzhu (天柱) acupoints – located at the junction of the back of your hairline and neck, then 1.3 inches to both sides from the middle of the scalp.
The Invigorating Scalp Massage Brush is entirely made of eco-friendly silicone material, and revitalizes the scalp when a gentle pressure is applied to activate the meridian points. The ergonomic design of the hand grip also optimizes massage experience.
Yuan Shampoos are formulated to nourish, repair, and rejuvenate the scalp using 100% natural oriental herb extracts grown in Yuan Farm in Yangmingshan National Park, Taiwan. Yuan Shampoos are also watery in texture as they are free of artificial foaming agent and thickener.
Physician Peh says: “Stimulating and comforting the scalp not only enables you to sleep and think better, but also helps you calm and relax the mind after a stressful day.”
Enjoy 20% Discount for any Shampoo and receive Gift-with-Purchase (worth $10) in August
Yuan Skincare provides 6 Shampoos catering for various scalp types.
- Oily Scalp: Lemon Clarifying Shampoo
- Normal Scalp: Momordica Refreshing Shampoo
- Dry Scalp: Mulberry Leaf & Chrysanthemum Moisturizing Shampoo
- Very Dry Scalp: Alpinia Speciosa Revitalizing Shampoo
- Weak Scalp (hair loss): Swertia Nourishing Shampoo
- Sensitive Scalp (red with bumps): Mugwort Classic Shampoo
In the entire month of August, enjoy any Yuan Shampoo at 20% discount on https://yuanskincare.sg (apply code SHAMPOO20), Shopee Mall and all major Unity stores.
Exclusively on https://yuanskincare.sg, simply purchase any 2 Yuan Shampoos (mix-and-match allowed) to enjoy an additional complimentary Invigorating Scalp Massage Brush (worth $10) on top of the 20% discount.
From 9-29 August, a different colour will be provided each week in limited pieces, in order of Pure (9-15 Aug), Rose (16-22 Aug) and Coal (23-29 Aug). Collect all three to complete the set!
About Yuan Skincare & Soap
Clean natural herbs-based luxury. Yuan Skincare & Soap 阿原肥皂 is a renowned Taiwanese brand offering a wide range of handmade soaps, haircare products and award-winning skincare products, crafted using natural and eco-friendly ingredients, to restore your skin and hair through the power of oriental herbs.